December 15, 2007
Politics & Injustice: What’s Faith Gotta do with it?
I’m speaking at a youth camp this weekend on the topic of “Politics & Injustice: What’s Faith Gotta do with it?”
This is obviously a topic that I’m pretty familiar with already, but I’ve only ever spoken to crowds made up of adults, activists and/or theologians. I’ve done one session on blogging with a bunch of intellectual youth at a writers’ camp, but this will be a different ball game for me.
Having expired from the old sunday teaching classes a long time ago, getting back in touch and in rhythm with 13-18 year olds is gonna be a slight toughie, especially on the above subject that is as dry as bread crumbs. Wonder how they will take to it. I need to pump them with some activity. These are some of the things I am thinking to do in the workshop to ensure maximum participation from the young un’s.
- Hook/Primer: Do a role play with different scenarios on “injustice” inviting volunteers from the floor + debrief
- Book: Get out some contents on the slides on connection between faith and politics
- Get them into small groups and get them to answer some questions, discuss
- Show them powerpoint slides of active blogs (cos this is the Y-generation of facebook, blogs and so on)
- Action forward: “Conscientizing” into action, how true transformation is manifested in daily living
Wish me all the best!
Comments are closed.